Thursday, April 16, 2009

PACT Assessment Goals

No one really looks forward to being videotaped, I don't think. I certainly don't. On the other hand, when it actually happens, I think I may experience a sense of relief. Like I am actually getting through to some of them after all ;).

When I take my video, I am most interested in working on the same thngs that bedevil me every day in my teaching practice. There are a lot of issues, but if I had to pick a few, the biggest ones would be pacing, transitions, effective instruction and modeling. Basically not being boring, staying engaged myself so as to be engaging. There shouldn't be any side paths or trivial diversions. Everything should run like a well-oiled machine ;). High schoolers are so much less tolerant of bs than adults are. It can be a refreshing cut through the surface trivialities that make up a lot of polite conversation. ;) ;) ;) Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that while they're going nuts.

But no, seriously...for the video, I want my "engaging lessons" AND my strong-armed Fists of Fury discipline technique (oh wait, i can't talk about that in public!) to pass the Teenager Test.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how those fists of fury work out for you! It reminds me of one of my students last semester who gave me this advice for teaching: learn a fighting style, any. Gosh, I miss that kid :)

    ReplyDelete